The Delaware Valley Chapter of the ACRL strongly encourages MLIS students to submit poster proposals for our spring program on April 20 at Muhlenberg College. The theme for this year’s program is university and community partnerships.
This is a wonderful opportunity for students to meet with professional librarians in the area and to share their work.
In the poster session, we hope to showcase innovative projects that students have worked on as part of a practicum, internship, or fellowship.
Submitting a poster proposal is easy! Email your proposal to email@example.com with following information:
- Full Name
- MLIS Program
- Poster Title
- Poster Brief Description
Deadline: March 6, 2018
Call For Proposals:
ACRL Delaware Valley Spring Program
Friday, April 20, Muhlenberg College
Submission deadline: February 24, 2018
Submit proposal to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Instructions included below)
The theme for the ACRL Delaware Valley spring program is partnerships. Academic librarians cannot work in isolation; we must look beyond our walls in order to better understand the needs of our communities, to make the most of institutional resources, and to provide successful, high-impact programs and services. Collaborating with our stakeholders improves the quality of our services, increases our visibility in the community, and leads to new initiatives. How does one get started on building university and community relationships? What are the best practices? Where are the opportunities? What are the success stories?
All are invited to submit proposals for presentations that fit the theme of partnerships and address one of the following topics.
- Scholarship and Publishing
- Learning and Assessment
- Co-curricular and Extra-curricular Partnerships
- Communication and Outreach
- Project Management
- Technology and Data Services
- Community Service
Please choose from the following:
- Interactive Session (30-40 minutes)
- Short Presentation (20 minutes)
- Long Presentation (40 minutes)
Deadline: February 24, 2018
Submit proposal to email@example.com
Notification of acceptance: March 12, 2018
- Please include the following in your proposal
- Full name, email, and institution affiliation
- Title of presentation
- Topic(s) addressed (from list above)
- Format of presentation (from list above)
- Two learning outcomes
- Explanation of how your presentation fits the program’s theme
2. If your presentation is about a specific project, please answer these additional questions:
- Who were the group(s) or department(s) you collaborated with?
- What were the goals of the project?
- What did you learn from the project’s results?
Save the Date for the Delaware Valley Chapter’s spring program on campus partnerships!
Friday, April 20, 2018
The board is thrilled that Cheryl Ann Middleton has accepted our invitation to be the program’s keynote speaker. Ms. Middleton is the President of the ACRL & Associate University Librarian for Research & Scholarly Communication at Oregon State University Libraries. Read the ACRL 2016 Profile of Ms. Middleton.