ACRL DVC Board Meeting Minutes- September 2017

September 21, 2017

Attending – Nancy Bellafante, Stephanie Pennucci, Jessica Brangiel, Leslie O’Neill, Paul Proces, Jess Denke, Penny Lochner, Ellie Goldberg

  • Introductions – Leslie O’Neill is the new archivist for ACRL DVC.
  • Approved Aug 17 Meeting Minutes. Will start posting meeting minutes to the blog beginning with September minutes (after approval at October meeting). 
  • November Meeting Change (11/8 or 11/9) – most likely will be on Nov 9th. (Rescheduled from 11/16 because fall program is 11/17.)
  • Financial Report – Finances in good shape. Ellie can send out a financial report to anyone on the Board.  
  • Mentorship Program
    • Current mentors- we now have 20 confirmed mentors. Jess is working on reaching mentees. She discussed extending the program to early career and/or librarians that are changing careers.
    • What is the best way to reach new librarians?  Jess will contact library schools and promote the mentorship program at the fall program member meeting.
    • For anyone contacting LIS programs regarding the student stipend also promote the mentee program at the same time.  
    • Jess proposed ACRL DVC set up a table at local library schools functions when possible.  
    • Contact Drexel, Rutgers and look to promote the mentorship program at library student group events.  
  • Student Stipend Scholarship Award
    • The board decided to relate the essay prompt to the fall program topic.  Call for entries from students to go out soon.  Will send to Drexel, Rutgers, use social media, and blog post. Deadline for entries is October 16th.  
  • Fall Program
    • The Board discussed the purpose/learning outcomes for the fall program.  Nancy to provide additional guidance to the keynote presenter for her talk.  
    • The Board will advertise lightning talks and get the word out right away for submissions.  
    • Ellie will draft the registration page and send to the Board for testing.  
    • All Board members to sign up to post to listservs for registration and lightning talks.
    • Our panel moderator is Tom Ipri – he will be put in touch with panelists ahead of time so they can review questions. 
  • Nancy is working on a grant application to PaLA College & Research Libraries section
  • The Board started to discuss 2017-18 Initiatives – topics included increasing membership, increasing member engagement.

Next meeting October 19, 2017 – University of Pennsylvania Law School

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *