11/10/2017 ACRL DVC Board Meeting Minutes
In attendance: Nancy Bellafante, Jessica Brangiel, Jess Denke, Penny Lochner, Ellie Goldberg, Sarah Wingo
October meeting minutes were approved. They will be posted to the blog.
December meeting will be cancelled. Board will resume meetings in January. Meeting date needs to be changed for January 2018. Possible date is January 11th, second Thursday. Date will be confirmed in the near future.
- Will be April 20th at Muhlenberg College
- Cheryl Middleton ACRL President is the confirmed keynote speaker
- Spring program ideas – social media strategy, how to put together a good elevator speech, connections across campus. The board discussed inviting speakers from outside of the library to present. Or have presentations from partnerships across campus – for example the library and IT.
- Jess has made final update to the program document. The lightning rounds will be held in the order they are listed on the program.
- Panelists will receive a $100 honorarium
- Penny has confirmed with the group the order for the lightning round
- Catering is set
- Nancy will run the business meeting. We have registered 20 new members through the fall program registration.
- Fall program registrations are sold out as of 11/10/17. 2 folks on the waitlist.
Resume reviewing will be offered for graduating MLS students. Reviews will be conducted virtually in March 2018. Reviewers need to be assigned (3 people will review 1 resume). This is a good opportunity for graduating students to get advice and insight regarding their resume.
This spring the board will work on recruiting from members a committee to start planning the fall 2018 program. This will free up the board to pursue other activities during the fall.